The Next in Tech: Technology Integration and Performance in the Classroom

Justin Lucas, Cam Meaner, Editor-in-Chief, Author

Image result for technology in the classroom   ”The number one benefit of information technology is that it empowers people to do what they want to do. It lets people be creative. It lets people be productive. It lets people learn things they didn’t think they could learn before, and so in a sense it is all about potential.” – Steve Ballmer

Today’s world is changing exponentially beyond researchers’ expectations due to a constantly alternating economy, increasing technological innovations, and a lifestyle that is growing more increasingly difficult to survive and provide. As a direct result of this advanced technological era, careers relating to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) are in great demand currently and are needed in many career fields today. As a result, it is wise to start teaching scientific studies to students when they are starting in elementary schools so they will learn to integrate critical thinking and experimenting into their daily lives. This in turn, readily prepares them for what is to come their way in the near future when they become adults. Scientific literacy is important in today’s world; if we do not encourage STEM skills, then we will fall behind compared to the rest of the world. America is one of the world’s leaders in science and technology, and we need to keep running strong with our programs in order to stay at the top. This all affects the children of today; therefore, technology usage in school has greatly increased, and many students are learning to use technology in the workplace and to come up with their own ideas to innovate and change the world for the better.

Examples of modern tech innovation in schools vary from tablets, laptops, to Smart Boards available for use by students and teachers alike. In examining these devices in more detail, we can find certain programs and applications that are ready for use with their installation on the devices.  Recently released, Flashnotes is a quick and easy note taking program that stimulates a new way of taking important classroom notes without the need of rushing and skimming through your board notes and making possible preventable errors. Another recent program, known as Lore, is a facebook-type platform that manages the teacher-to-student relationship outside of the classroom and is favored significantly by college students. Programs such as these are essential contributions that have a crucial part in changing the future of education for years to come. Technological learning devices, such as iPads, iPods, Nokia tablets, etc., will eventually replace much of hard written textbooks and learning tools.

On the plus side, this does not have to be a hassle, as this is the next stage of our evolution as human beings. We have changed throughout our history in significant ways, but none compare to the changes we have made to our tools and helpful devices. Technology is advancing at such an exponential rate that, eventually, it will change us and alter our bodies and understanding for the better. This relates to the disabled, and if technology can help us progress, then it can help the disabled learn evolve accordingly to help achieve much in their life through efficient help and progression. Any kid, whoever they may classify under, will be able to expand their skills and talents and correlate their skill set with technology and achieve a combination that can perfect their being and understanding. The teachers will also find this suitable, as they will also be able to expand their teaching skills and merge them with technology in order to send a greater message and show a greater effect on their pupils. This is the reasoning behind the necessity of technology in the classroom. It won’t be much longer until we all benefit from technology in almost every way imaginable. The news is that the future is going to help us understand life’s abstractions.

Mobile Technology In The Classroom

URLs:

http://www.onlineuniversities.com/blog/2012/10/10-ways-artificial-intelligence-can-reinvent-education/

http://www.teachthought.com/the-future-of-learning/technology/15-examples-of-new-technology/

Its about learning ….

http://wwonline.net/mobile-technology-in-the-classroom/ 

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/steveballm173469.html?src=t_technology